Monday, May 3, 2010

Pause For Squeaky Shoes

Last September I posted an entry about a new walker who came into the children's room wearing some shoes that squeaked when she took a step. That little girl, her big sister, and their mother, are bright lights in my days at the library.I have never seen them without a smile----never. I have watched those babies grow inside their mother, held them as newborns, and heard some of their first words, cheered them on as they took first steps. I have enjoyed the delight on their faces when we sang and read fun stories. I have witnessed them making friends at story time, friendships that have blossomed and grown.

What a privilege it is to be a part of so many children's lives! Not only do I have the opportunity to share books with them, but actually become part of an extended family of sorts. Plotting and planning what to do for programs and purchasing, I take my responsibility seriously-----what can I give them? Without even trying, they give me the world.

Yesterday, I received an email telling me Little Miss Squeaky Shoes has an inoperable brain tumor. It does not look good. Please pause a moment and offer some positive energy to she and her family.They will need all the prayers and wishes our world can offer, during these coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment