Rules of Birdbath Creativity
1.Painting always goes more smoothly if you stick your tongue out while you paint.
2. If you use lollipop wrappers to paper your birdbath someone HAS to eat the lollipops, right?
3. Gathering natural materials, such as acorns, is appropriate and encouraged.
4.Sometimes boys are not inhibited about enjoying the color pink and sparkly things,too, and we like that.
5. Work together to create something unique with a shared vision.
6. Try hard not to step on the paint plates or glue plates.
7. Try hard not to poke your eye while trying to thread your beads, it hurts.
Today we had our last summer program. Each summer we partner with Messes and Masterpieces ( a local arts center for children) to do a cooperative project. Today we made birdbaths that each had a theme. Nature, princess, candy wrapper mosaic, and painted birdbaths were created by a fun team of children along with some adult supervision. It was interesting to see the girls go right for the painting and a young man take on the princess theme with abandon. Everyone appreciated the cooler weather, sunshine, and an afternoon just to be creative.
The creative works will be displayed at our annual "Corn on the Corner" event that takes place every August. Free corn on the cob, root beer, and some AMAZING birdbaths to view while you eat.
Kinda makes you want to be a bird, doesn't it?