Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's Been a Circus Around Here!


Circus Time Illustrated by one of my faves, Tibor Gergely, was (and still is) one of my favorite books. I have vivid memories from childhood of the circus coming to town every summer. They arrived by train and paraded through town, right past my house, and then to the edge of town, where they set up the tents. One morning, at dawn, my mother came into my bedroom and told me to follow her. She helped me peek out the window and to my amazement, there was a parade of elephants, giraffes, camels, and circus people. I will never forget that magical memory.

 I have always loved any illustration by Tibor Gergley. I keep my copy of the book in my nightstand drawer and look at it often. Inspirations struck and I decided we could recreate a circus at our library to cheer up the families suffering from cabin fever.So..................................
we had a Big Top Breakfast this morning with cereal

                                                                       and juice

                              then we made clown shoes and blew bubbles and did clown dances


then we bouced some balls on a parachute!





Next week---------------
a Lion tamer Luncheon,
and a Three Ring Circus in the evening complete with snow cones and a clown.

Wish Tibor Gergely could have been here to enjoy it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment