Thursday, February 11, 2010

How Many Librarians Does It Take To Make A Splash ?


Yesterday was our systemwide Summer Library Program Workshop. One of the fun and interesting activities was to make a wave and a splash with a trifle bowl full of water. Wet your fingers, and then press on the rim of the bowl as you circle around the rim until you see vibrations, and then---SPLASH!




We also made waterpark "machines" using people. One person chose a movement and did it continuously, and then one by one others "hooked on" with their own movement idea.



There was an activity that incorporated creative dramatics, symbolism, painting, and drawing. Some of the results were beautiful.



Now it's time to start planning for summer in earnest. I have an amazingly creative and energetic new assistant named Cynthia. I just can't wait to brainstorm and create some wonderful new ways to make our library a welcoming and exciting place.



P.S. Isn't this umbrella jellyfish just the coolest thing ever?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you remembered your camera because I forgot mine. I had a lot fun playing the machine game, however....my arms are sore today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete