Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Business on Monday


Monday is usually a rough day for me...........you know.........the much anticipated weekend is over too quickly, it is frigid winter weather, and now it is M-O-N-D-A-Y. I used to be a Monday grouch.....think Garfield. I changed my Monday grouch to a wonderful start to the week by scheduling my Baby Walker Storytime on Monday's at 10:00. Having happy babies and their grateful parents makes Monday morning better.



Today I set up play stations with snow ( it looked rather odd to see me with a shovel scooping up snow to bring INdoors, but he staff is used to seeing me do unusal things), rice with sand toys, Duplos, an igloo, shaving cream to fingerpaint, flannelboard,and toys that promote skills.








We enjoyed refreshments in a little cafe' I set up in the storytime room. Yummers!


I loved the idea of these tortilla snowflakes! Just warm the tortilla to make it pliable, then fold like you would if you were making a paper snowflake. Cut out a design and then crisp it on a griddle and sprinkle powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar on the tortilla.
Today was a very good Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Makes me want to be a baby so *I* can come to your storytimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia....I love it! What great ideas. The pictures look very nice too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we just have the BEST jobs in the world?

    ReplyDelete